Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
Dear valued Patients,
With the evolving situation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and under the guidelines of the Health Officer of the San Francisco County, routine eye care has been deemed nonessential. We have to comply with Shelter in Place mandate until May 31st, 2020. However, we will begin the process of re-opening our office safely and cautiously starting Tues June 2nd in order to provide urgently needed eye and vision care. (See below for our Reopening Protocols.)
*For your eye emergencies, we are still here to serve your urgent and emergent needs to minimize your exposure to urgent care clinics or emergency rooms. You may reach Dr. Ung at 415-706-6575. Call 415 585-6588 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have broken eyeglasses that need a replacement or repair.
*For our contact lens patients who are due for their annual eye examinations, we have set up a link to our contact lens ordering site for you to order and direct ship your contact lenses up to six months’ supply with no shipping fees (two box minimum during COVID-19 order) until May 31st. Click here http://www.yourlens.com/genevaeyecare or call 415 585-6588/email at email@example.com to place your order. Meanwhile, please do not overwear your contact lenses for your own safety.
*For our glaucoma, dry eyes patients who need to refill your eyedrop medications, please call the office at 415-585-6588 and leave a message for us.
Reopening Protocols as of June 2nd, 2020
We are carefully planning how we can promote the safest experience and highest level of customer service to welcome you back. In order to minimize your risk of exposure to illness, we will be taking the following precautions:
1. Crowd control in the office: Until further notice, we ask that you not bring a companion to your appointment, unless you need a caregiver or guardian to assist you. Parents, we love your children, but please arrange for childcare at home if your child does not have a scheduled appointment. We request that only one parent accompany each child to his or her appointment. Siblings will not be allowed in the exam room. We are allowing extra time in between appointments for us to disinfect all surfaces in the office.
2. Please bring your own mask and wear it upon arrival. For the safety of our staff, and patients, anyone without a mask cannot be serviced. If you are a caregiver or are accompanying your child to his or her eye appointment, we ask that both you and the patient wear masks. All of us in the office will be wearing masks, face shields, and gloves.
3. We have implemented a new patient communication system that allows us to email your intake forms ahead of time for you to fill out, minimizing paperwork at the front desk. Upon arrival for your appointment, we request that you stay in your car or sit outside our front door and either text or call us at 4155856588. We will confirm that you have completed your intake forms and we will let you know when we are ready for you to enter the office. Make sure you fill out all the required forms on your computer at home including the COVID-19 screening questionnaire. Please bring your own pen in case we need your signature.
4. Temperatures will be taken with a non-contact forehead thermometer upon checking in for your appointment. Anyone showing signs of fever or illness will be asked to reschedule his or her visit.
5. Please call ahead to make an appointment to pick up your eyeglass and contact lens orders. Walk-ins are discouraged and may result in having to wait outside until we can accommodate you. We request that you respect the 6-foot social distancing guidelines.
6. Hand sanitizer will be placed at the front desk. We require all patients to sanitize their hands when entering the office.
7. Frame selection will be done with frames brought to you while seated. All worn frames will be sanitized with UV sanitizer following CDC guidelines before being returned to shelves for display.
8. Your safety is paramount to us. Currently, we have installed a hospital-grade air filtration system to help purify the air of viruses, bacteria, allergens, and pollutants.
The world has changed since your last visit with us, but one thing remains constant: our commitment to your health and well-being. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Thank you for your trust and understanding during these challenging times. We always appreciate your support! We will get through this!
Take care and stay safe and well,
Drs. LyLy Ung and Winnie Yee and the Staff of Geneva Eye Care Optometry