Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
Dear valued Patients,
As of June 16, 2020, we are now open by appointment only for all services. No walk-ins at this time. To comply with social distancing, and allow time for disinfecting between each patron, we have had to reduce the number of patients per day.
Please call in advance to schedule your appointment, we look forward to seeing you soon! We are open Tuesday to Friday, 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM, and Saturday, 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM. For after hours emergencies, you may reach Dr. Ung at 415-706-6575.
Reopening Protocols as of June 16TH, 2020
We had been carefully planning how we can promote the safest experience and highest level of customer service to welcome you back. In order to minimize your risk of exposure to illness, we will be taking the following precautions:
1. Crowd control in the office: Until further notice, we ask that you not bring a companion to your appointment, unless you need a caregiver or guardian to assist you. Parents, we love your children, but please arrange for childcare at home if your child does not have a scheduled appointment. We request that only one parent accompany each child to his or her appointment. Siblings will not be allowed in the exam room. We are allowing extra time in between appointments for us to disinfect all surfaces in the office.
2. Please bring your own mask and wear it upon arrival. For the safety of our staff, and patients, anyone without a mask cannot be serviced. If you are a caregiver or are accompanying your child to his or her eye appointment, we ask that both you and the patient wear masks. All of us in the office will be wearing masks. We face shields and gloves for all staff if needed.
3. We have implemented a new patient communication system that allows us to email your intake forms ahead of time for you to fill out, minimizing paperwork at the front desk. Upon arrival for your appointment, we request that you stay in your car or sit outside our front door and either call us at 415 585-6588 or text us at 415 727-2181. We will confirm that you have completed your intake forms and we will let you -know when we are ready for you to enter the office. Make sure you fill out all the required forms on your computer at home including the COVID-19 screening questionnaire. Please bring your own pen in case we need your signature.
4. Temperatures will be taken with a non-contact forehead thermometer upon checking in for your appointment. Anyone showing signs of fever or illness will be asked to reschedule his or her visit.
5. Please call ahead to make an appointment to pick up your eyeglass and contact lens orders. Walk-ins are discouraged and may result in having to wait outside until we can accommodate you. We request that you respect the 6-foot social distancing guidelines.
6. Hand sanitizer will be placed at the front desk. We require all patients to sanitize their hands when entering the office.
7. Frame selection will be done with your selections put on your own tray. All tried frames will be sanitized with UV sanitizer before being returned to shelves for display.
8. Your safety is paramount to us. Currently, we have installed a hospital-grade air filtration system to help purify the air of viruses, bacteria, allergens, and pollutants.
The world has changed since your last visit with us, but one thing remains constant: our commitment to your health and well-being. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Thank you for your trust and understanding during these challenging times. We always appreciate your support! We will get through this!
Take care and stay safe and well,
Drs. LyLy Ung and Winnie Yee and the Staff of Geneva Eye Care Optometry